Are these the fuel injectors?? [Archive] - Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum

: Are these the fuel injectors??

procastibater
04-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Installing a new FI processor and need to find the injectors...
I'm not knowledgeable in bikes so laymans directions would be helpful if these are not them.

Gene
04-16-2014, 12:08 AM
Installing a new FI processor and need to find the injectors...
I'm not knowledgeable in bikes so laymans directions would be helpful if these are not them.

Those are the ''Intake Air Pressure'' sensors (IAP sensors) they provide information to the ''Engine Control Module'' (ECM) to tell it when to provide the signal to operated the actual fuel injectors. They are only one of the several sensors that help determine this.

Each IAP sensor has an electrical connector and a ''vacuum hose attached to it. The vacuum hoses tend to get left off when putting things back together. Doing that will get you some red lites on the speedometer display....among other things..... :D

The actual injectors are underneath that intake air duct where the IAP sensors are mounted - on the throttle body.... one at the front and another at the rear. Each has a multi-wire electrical connector.

Hope this helps some.......

procastibater
04-16-2014, 12:22 AM
yes that does... i guess i have to remove the air intake to get to the FI wiring...
Thanks!!!

GrapeApe
04-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Cobra has instructions with a picture of what to do...

http://www.cobrausa.com/site_media/pdf/92-1826.pdf

472viper
04-16-2014, 09:44 AM
From what I remember of replacing a wire harness, the connectors are practically idiot proof in that they use enough different connector types that it is impossible to plug the wires into anything other than where they belong. So if the connectors mate up, you have the right connector.