Discussion March of this year. But the best motorcycle road is the one you are riding on. These only offer more curves, less traffic, fantastic views, etc.
The AMA magazine that arrived in my mailbox today lists the 15 best motorcycle roads in the US, chosen by readers from a ballot of about 100 roads. There's a bit more detail on each in the magazine, but the top 15--counting down to number 1--are:
15. WA Route 129 and OR Route 3, Clarkston WA to Enterprise OR
14. OH Route 170, Calcutta to Poland
13. CA Route 58, McKittrick to Santa Margarita
12. US Route 33, Harrisonburg VA to Seneca Rocks WV
11. Natchez Trace, from Natchez MS to Nashville TN
10. Angeles Crest Hwy, CA Route 2
9. US Route 12, Lolo Pass ID and MT
8. CA Route 36
7. Cherohala Skyway, NC and TN
6. Going to the Sun Road, Glacier National Park, MT
5. CA Highway 1, Pacific Coast Highway
4. Highway 550, Ouray to Durango CO
3. US 129, The Tail of the Dragon
2. Blue Ridge Parkway, NC
1. Beartooth Highway, MT and WY
Mhac nan con, a Wescalero Rider
My path through life - Two roads diverged in a wood, I took the dead end by mistake. Then I got lost, but I had a great time.
“Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of Supporting it."
"Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice." Thomas Paine