Announcing the 2019 Wescaleros/Vulcan Baggers Rolling Rally! Mark your calendars, schedule your vacation time and book your hotel rooms.
Call me lazy, but I’m organizing this ride for two groups; just a lot easier than trying to organize 2 separate rallies. I’m sure most riders don’t care what flag you ride under; we’re all just out to have a good time, ride some great roads, see old friends and make new ones!
Here is the itinerary:
• Thursday July 18 – Make your way to meet up with the others at Creston, BC
• Friday July 19 – Day trip in the Kootenays region. Ride the loop to Trail, Castlegar, Nelson and back to Creston via either the Salmo Pass or take the Balfour ferry across Kootenay Lake (your choice).
• Saturday July 20 – Head north on Hwy 3 to Kootenay Bay and take the ferry to Balfour. North on Hwy 31 to Kaslo, Hwy 31A to New Denver and then north on Hwy 6 to Nakusp. Approx. 6 hours riding time + ferry wait.
• Sunday July 21 – From Nakusp Hwy 6 to the Faurquier ferry, continue on Hwy 6 through Lumby to Vernon and then Hwy 97 and 97A to Salmon Arm. Approx 5 hours of riding time + ferry wait.
• Monday July 22 – Ride in the Salmon Arm area. Lomax has come up with a couple of great rides in the area.
• Tuesday July 23 – Say our goodbyes and head towards home.
The beauty of this format is that if you can’t make the full 5 days you can meet up with the group somewhere along the route, or head home early if you need to. The plan is to keep it as simple as possible; no official rally t-shirts, no wind-up dinner, no door prizes. Just a bunch of people who love to ride getting together.
This will not be your typical ride-in-formation or everybody-stay-grouped-together ride. We’ll split up into smaller groups but everyone is free to go at their own pace. If you like slammin’ the bike through the twisties (and there will be a lot of them on this route), go for it! If you want to stop for a picture or two, see something you want to explore or pull into a roadside tavern to wet your whistle, go ahead! We all know where to meet up for the night and if you don’t show up for dinner we’ll be making phone calls, checking texts and if you’re lucky we may even send out a search party!
ACCOMODATION DETAILS – Rooms for the tour have been blocked at the following hotels:
Thursday & Friday nights 07/18 & 19 BAVARIAN ORCHARD MOTEL – Creston (Contact Martha)
3205 Hwy 3 Ph: 1-800-663-9544 or 250-428-9935 [email protected]iserve.com
Rate $89 & up + tax – They have some suites with a separate bedroom
This is a smaller property and all 10 rooms are blocked for us until June 15th.
Saturday night 07/20 SELKIRK INN – NAKUSP (Contact - Sam)
210- 6th Avenue West Ph: 1-800-661-8007 or 250-265-3666
Email: [email protected]
Rate: $100 +tax for a room w/2 beds
They have 15 rooms blocked for us and will hold only until June 30th
Sunday & Monday nights 07/21 & 22 TRAVELODGE SALMON ARM (Contact - Taran)
2401 Trans Canada Hwy Ph 250-832-9721 Email:[email protected]
Rate $145 plus taxes for a room w/ 2 beds. Other options available, smoking and non-smoking rooms and pet designated rooms available as well.
They have 15 rooms blocked for us and will hold only until July 1st.
WHEN BOOKING YOUR ROOM BE SURE TO TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE WITH THE "VULCAN BAGGERS GROUP" TO GET OUR RATE AND INSURE AVAILABILITY OF ONE OF THE BLOCKED ROOMS.
I'm looking forward to a great time and a great turnout for this tour. And if you're from south of the border remember to bring your passports!