2019 Wescaleros Rolling Rally - July 18 - 22 - Page 4 - Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum
 16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:23 PM
Senior VR Member
 
Duffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hot Springs, SD and other warm and dry places.
Posts: 8,225
Thanks: 138
Thanked 373 Times in 292 Posts
Yes, yes he does snore. I'm going to miss seeing Hammer....

Lead, or follow, but just stay out of my way.
Heaven is a warm, cozy place to sleep.





Wescalero Charter Member
Duffy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior VR Member
 
canuckrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Okotoks, Alberta
Posts: 2,892
Thanks: 223
Thanked 418 Times in 291 Posts
Only 1 Week To Go!

Hey everyone! This ride begins 1 week from tomorrow; I hope that you're as excited about getting out on the open road as I am.

Any last minute takers? I'm sure we can find an extra room or two at the motels on the route.

I've sent an email to this that I have emails addresses for and PM's to those that I haven't.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."


VR WESCALERO CHARTER MEMBER
canuckrider is offline  
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 12:13 AM
Senior VR Member
 
jmax99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA, Spokane
Posts: 3,026
Thanks: 22
Thanked 138 Times in 110 Posts
Garage
I have a room booked for each night and one Tuesday night just outside Jasper. If we do have any last minute folks or someone who needs a bed I will have an extra bed each night. Full disclosure: Duffy says I snore too.
jmax99 is offline  
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior VR Member
 
canuckrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Okotoks, Alberta
Posts: 2,892
Thanks: 223
Thanked 418 Times in 291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmax99 View Post
I have a room booked for each night and one Tuesday night just outside Jasper. If we do have any last minute folks or someone who needs a bed I will have an extra bed each night. Full disclosure: Duffy says I snore too.
Hey John. Lomax is sharing with me in Creston and Nakusp but he will be staying with friends when we are in Salmon Arm so I will have a spare bed there. Do you want to cancel your room at the Travelodge in Salmon Arm and share with me? We can both save a few bucks as it's the most expensive hotel on the trip.

We can compete to see who snores the loudest!

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."


VR WESCALERO CHARTER MEMBER
canuckrider is offline  
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 12:23 AM
Senior VR Member
 
jmax99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA, Spokane
Posts: 3,026
Thanks: 22
Thanked 138 Times in 110 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
Hey John. Lomax is sharing with me in Creston and Nakusp but he will be staying with friends when we are in Salmon Arm so I will have a spare bed there. Do you want to cancel your room at the Travelodge in Salmon Arm and share with me? We can both save a few bucks as it's the most expensive hotel on the trip.

We can compete to see who snores the loudest!
Sounds good to me Al. Are you staying both nights in Salmon Arm? I wasn't planning on leaving until Tuesday and have reservations that night in Hinton (Jasper area).
jmax99 is offline  
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:51 PM
Senior VR Member
 
crochammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Posts: 2,040
Thanks: 19
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Cool Have a Blast

I am totally bummed out that I can't make it to this rally.

Right now, I can't ride at all. Hopefully, I can get back in the saddle for next month but it seems doubtful. It's also likely this IS the last year and retirement from riding is pretty well assured. **** happens but I am no quitter and other good stuff will be added to my bucket list. Hopefully, that includes seeing you again down the road or over the hill.

There is no way to tell you all just how much I have enjoyed the riding, the rallies, the friendship, the ********, etc., It kept me sane although not completely of course.

Thank you all and keep on riding.

Ride safe and enjoy!!

If I wanted a Harley I would have bought one....son!



VR Wescalero Co-Founder and Charter Member
2006 Black Nomad Full Dresser
crochammer is offline  
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 05:40 PM
Senior VR Member
 
Duffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hot Springs, SD and other warm and dry places.
Posts: 8,225
Thanks: 138
Thanked 373 Times in 292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crochammer View Post
I am totally bummed out that I can't make it to this rally.

Right now, I can't ride at all. Hopefully, I can get back in the saddle for next month but it seems doubtful. It's also likely this IS the last year and retirement from riding is pretty well assured. **** happens but I am no quitter and other good stuff will be added to my bucket list. Hopefully, that includes seeing you again down the road or over the hill.

There is no way to tell you all just how much I have enjoyed the riding, the rallies, the friendship, the ********, etc., It kept me sane although not completely of course.

Thank you all and keep on riding.

Ride safe and enjoy!!
You were missed by all (at Creston), I'm pretty sure this was my last long ride. Any long distance stuff will be done with the toy hauler from now on.

I'm at home now but the last three days of riding were quite difficult......getting my leg over the bike was trying.

Lead, or follow, but just stay out of my way.
Heaven is a warm, cozy place to sleep.





Wescalero Charter Member
Duffy is offline  
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator
 
beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Slate Belt
Posts: 54,380
Thanks: 2,173
Thanked 4,325 Times in 3,320 Posts
Garage
No pix as usual?

beezer is offline  
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 02:01 PM
Senior VR Member
 
Duffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hot Springs, SD and other warm and dry places.
Posts: 8,225
Thanks: 138
Thanked 373 Times in 292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer View Post
No pix as usual?

I'm always too busy riding to take pics, but there were some taken so I'm sure some will be posted.....patience Grasshopper.
beezer likes this.

Lead, or follow, but just stay out of my way.
Heaven is a warm, cozy place to sleep.





Wescalero Charter Member
Duffy is offline  
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:30 PM
VR Member
 
Eagle Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Calgree
Posts: 100
Thanks: 4
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Good to hear you made it home OK Duffy. Maybe we'll have to ride closer to you next time.

Great to see old friends and meet some new ones. Thanks to Al for organizing this.
Duffy and t-man403 like this.

If there is one thing I am, it's always right.
(Ted Nugent)

Wescalero
Eagle Eye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome