Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

01 Suzuki intruder 1400

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  DCinCT 
#1 ·
I changed rear tire last night.went on drive now I got a grinding noise in mid to rear of bike anyone had this problem.

#4 ·
Did you check to make sure the wheel was spinning freely after you changed the tire?

Did you use a torque wrench when you tightened the rear bolt?

Attachments

#6 ·
Just noticed you said the grinding is mid-point back on the bike.

Any chance you removed the final drive when you replaced the tire? It's possible the shaft is not fully engaged in the U-Joint. The drive shaft has a spring in the final drive that would probably allow forced reassembly even if the drive shaft wasn't fully engaged in the u-joint up front.

Reactions: htlong
#7 ·
Hello all from sunny land of the fee and home of the slave..I put new rear tire on my 06 c90,I pulled driveshaft out, now I see u-joint just floating in can get it all way back to and on drive gear but I can not get driveshaft to line up and stab it in! What's best way forward guys? Sorry if I'm posting wrong but it's only way I could figure out.. thanks.. peace/out

Attachments

#8 ·
Use a broom handle to swing the coupler back in place, then slide the drive back in. It is a bit of a pain in the butt, but manageable.

Reactions: scorpion46
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.