Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ludlow, MA
Thanked 2,606 Times in 1,532 Posts
Swap Meet Guidelines - please read before posting.
Welcome to the swap meet forum. This is a great place for members to buy and sell parts and gear for their bikes, sometimes at a fraction of what it would normally cost. All registered members are welcome to use the swap meet forum at your own risk. VolusiaRiders.com assumes no liabilities for transactions in the swap meet forum.
Please use the following as recommended guidelines for swap meet forum transactions.
1. Remember, this is the internet, try to use good judgment when buying or selling on any forum. While a member does not need a minimum number of posts to buy or sell on this forum, you may want to take this into consideration when making judgement on whether or not to enter an agreement with someone.
2. Sellers try to be as descriptive and accurate in the item you are trying to sell, if there is pitted chrome or other defects, please be up front it will likely still sell, and youll avoid any potential problems of buyer remorse or disappointment. Add pictures of the items you are selling if possible.
3. Buyers be sure to ask questions before you buy an item. Ask for pictures if they have not already been posted. Make sure the fitment is correct for you or your bike.
4. This is not Ebay all transactions are between the seller and the buyer as a guideline it is usually first come first served when buying in the swap meet. First respond to the post with a commitment to buy, or a question, then send the seller a PM. Final decision on who to sell to is at the sole discretion of the seller, who may or may not agree with the first come first served philosophy.
5. Paypal or any other fund transfer is usually a good way to pay for your purchase as it will give you an avenue to pursue if something does not go right with the sale.
6. If a buyer or a seller makes an agreement and either pays for an item and never gets its, or ships an item and never receives payment, this can be reported to VR staff. If a suitable resolution can not be reached between the two parties, then the member that has breached the agreement may lose posting privileges for a undetermined amount of time depending on the severity of the breech. This may be anywhere from a 30 day suspension, up to a lifetime ban from the site. Please respect your fellow members.
7. Lastly, please refrain from commenting in a thread unless you have a genuine interest in becoming involved in the sale as a buyer. It is important to leave the thread open to communications between the sellers and potential buyers. If you have a comment or information about an item that you'd like to tell the seller, please communicate directly with the seller via PM.
Remember 99% of the transactions that go thru the swap meet are problem free. We hope the above guidelines gets us closer to the 100%
On behalf of VR we appreciate all of your cooperation.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...Holy Crap - What a ride!"
2005 Suzuki C50 - 2003 HD Heritage Softail - 2010 Victory Cross Country