Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Yankee Rally 2019 - 7/10-7/14

31K views 624 replies 29 participants last post by  DCinCT 
#1 ·
We will be returning to Lake George once again in 2019. The vote was close (I think it was something like 22 - 28), but in the end the group choice was to return to the Blue Moon. Overflow hotels are the Barberry (next door) and the Brookside (across the street). Nancy recommends Brookside, but people might feel safer not having to cross the road after hours of partying lol.

Blue Moon Motel prices:

Doubles........$80
Queens.........$90
Suite............$105
Phone 518 668-2709

I do not have any other details so when you call to reserve, ask about cancellation policy. I will try to get that information as well, but probably not for a day or two. I will also reach out to the Barberry and Brookside for details soon. Nancy indicated that Brookside rates are the same as Blue Moon.

Please post when reservations are made so that we can track them here.

More details to follow.

See less See more
#47 ·
As Bearbait said, usually there are a couple of different rides going out each day, and sometimes a short one on Thursday.

Knowing Dennis he may head into Canada :)

I'm confident he'll have some great rides planned....come join us.

#48 ·
We have driven through there in the van many years ago so would also need some time to wander around. The Mommas hasn't said no.
The ride out and back a bit far for her arthritic knees. Only 1 1/2 hrs farther than Cooperstown!

#49 ·
Just a shout out to everyone that knows our Blue Moon hosts - Mike and Nancy

Mike has Prostate Cancer and is being treated for it. I'm sure they would welcome any prayers from the VR family for a quick recovery.

#51 ·
I have sent a note to Nancy letting her know the VR family is praying for them.

Also told her if Mike is not up to it in the spring, we could probably get a group to come up and help her open up.

I'll keep everyone posted.

#53 ·
Hey, gang, here's something new!

The Saratoga Race Course will be opening on Thursday, July 11th. It's the first time the summer meet has ever opened so early. If you've never been to the races in Saratoga, it's an experience I highly recommend.

That's the upside. The downside to this is there is likely to be heavier traffic in that area than we typically see for YR weekend. An additional event the same weekend: The Dave Matthews Band is in concert at Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC). So watch that traffic!

Also possible that hotel rooms in LG could be in short supply. So maybe book your room soon, if you've been thinking about attending the Rally this year.

#66 ·
Linda and I are excited that we will be around to go to this year's YR. Thought we'd be in AZ by then, but you know what they say... "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans!"

Reactions: Mr.Mike
#70 ·
think I'll call The Blue Moon tomorrow and get a room reserved count and see how many rooms are still available...also to remind Nancy to stock up on the chlorine...just in case Beez finds it easier to jump in the pool versus returning to his room to....nevermind...not even Beez would be lame enough to...then again...

we are talikng about The Beez.......

#77 · (Edited)
think I'll call The Blue Moon tomorrow and get a room reserved count and see how many rooms are still available...also to remind Nancy to stock up on the chlorine...just in case Beez finds it easier to jump in the pool versus returning to his room to....nevermind...not even Beez would be lame enough to...then again...

we are talikng about The Beez.......

Figures it won't share. Use your imagination.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.