Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

the huntsman !!!!! UPDATE 11/10/06 !!!!!

14K views 364 replies 105 participants last post by  m@c 
#1 ·
This is not good, Dave will need your prayers, thoughts and karma!

I got done working tonight and called home to talk to Linda, she said there was someone at the house that I knew, and he said that Dave went down last night. Dave's next door neighbor Eric came over to tell us about what had happened.

Last night at about 11:00pm Dave was on his bike going down the highway with a couple friends in cars behind him. As he went to take a ramp to go to a different highway, he failed to make the right hand corner and went over the bank of the ramp.

Dave is in ICU with a broken neck, punctured kidney, several broken ribs, broken leg and a very swollen head, Dave was not wearing a helmet. Talking to Eric he said that about the only thing functioning on Dave right now is his left hand, they feel he can hear people talking but is not able to respond.

I'll start.

Dave, I really don't know what to say, when I spoke to Eric my heart hit the floor. Know for sure that Linda and I will be thinking of you and your family and praying for you often. We wish you the best and most complete recovery. We'll stop by in a day or two to see you and see if there's anything we can do to help. God speed my friend.

Wade & Linda

10/6/06 UPDATE

I just spoke to Dave mother. Things are not looking any better. He had no movement on his right side at all, and the only thing on the left that moves is his hand. He went in for an MRI this morning but the results arent back yet. They do feel that if they speak loud enough he can hear them, but not even his eyes move, he's just "staring into space" as his mother told me.

There's really not much else to report at this time, I'll keep in contact with his wife Diane and keep you updated as I hear something new. I do have his address if you'd like to send a card. I'm gonna give his home addy as that way we know the cards will get there.

Dave La Plant
1131 Anchor Dr.
Green Bay, WI 54313

See less See more
#3 ·
omg
dave my heart just droped
we road and meet together at the tott and spent a great time together on the michigan up trip
you are a awesome guy and i wish you the best in your recovery
i am confident we will ride together at tott2
get better pal!!

#6 ·
Get better soon

Dave,

I can't express how much I feel for you and what you and you're family are going through right now. Hope that you recover and we can ride together again in the future. My thoughts and prayers are with you bud.

Chad

#8 ·
Dave, Get better so you can make some more armrests and switch box's :) :) :) Never mind making stuff just get better. See ya at TOTT II

Ride Safe,
Rex

#9 ·
Oh I never do like these moment 's Dave my friend it has been MY please in meetinging you and like M@ac said riding with you up in the UP this year was great! I am .................at a loss for words and well sheding some tears for ya bro I wish you the very best in a fast healing and to your wife and kids stay strong in these times cuase the only thing that matters is Family take care of dave for us !

All the love
Jeff, Tonia and Noah

#10 ·
WOW sad news here for sure. Dave you and the family are in my prayers. Here's hoping you have a good recovery too. I'll keep those good times in my heart knowing you and having ridden with you at ToTT 1 and with us Michigan guys on the Michiagn UP trip we all did last summer.
Now get well cause I'm going to miss chating with you on AIM.
Larry

#12 ·
OMG!!!!! Dave and family, please know we are here to do whatever we can, all you need to do is ask.... we can make it happen. Heal quick friend.....

#14 ·
Dave, I certainly hope the best for your recovery. You were our comic relief on the UP trip this past Summer, and it's a shame that this had to happen.

My heart goes out to you and yours, and please heal fast.

#19 ·
Dave... you fight the good fight.

May God bless you and watch over you.
May God shine His face toward you and show you favor.
May God be favorably disposed toward you,
And may He grant you peace.

I'm praying for you, Dave.

Andy

#20 ·
Dave,

I have not had the pleasure of meeting you, but I have read, and enjoyed, your posts.

I'm sending all the good thoughts and Karma to you and your family that I can muster, and I'm looking forward to the day when I log on and see you posting to the VR once again.

#21 ·
Dave, my friend....I am at a loss...... My heart and prayers as well as those of Vicki go out to you and your family.

You were definately one of the northerners that made my visit to TOTT as memorable as it was. I do cansider you my friend, and know that you can beat this...stay strong my friend. Your real and virtual families need you!

If there is anything at all I can do for you or your family, do NOT hesitate to call.

#22 ·
Dave, I don't know you from a personal stand point but I have enjoyed reading your post since I have been a member here. Hope you have a speedy recovery. I think I speak for most everyone on here when I say that you dont't have to know someone to feel like your a part of them....We are all family some just more distant relatives than others...GET WELL SOON!!

Steve

#25 ·
Dave,

Just read the bad news. Margie and I met you at TOTT. We met a lot of great people that weekend, but the Huntsman stands out in ours minds as one of the friendlyest, most outgoing, just plain old nicest guys we ever met. As a couple of newbees at our first rally, you kind of took us under your wing, and we both learned a lot from you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. WE will be at TOTT 2, and so will YOU.

Dennis & Margie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.