What is it with these hardcore Harley dudes? - Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
VR Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 135
Thanks: 12
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
What is it with these hardcore Harley dudes?

So I was taking a cruise today and decided to stop by my local Harley dealer to check out what they had sitting on the floor. No intent to buy, just going to look for the **** of it....

...As I get off my bike and start walking towards the building I notice two guys haging out in front of the store smoking cigarettes and shooting the shlt. They were both riding Harley Electric Glide's. They also had their neon green banners on the windshield showing their rank in their riding group. As I approach them, the one guy goes, "hey, you come to trade that thing in???" I felt like telling him to FACK OFF and shove his Harley up his fat ***!!! No disrespect to anyone who rides a harley here, unless you are one of those who puts Harleys on the almighty golden pedestal above every other bike.

Just gets me pissed cuz this isnt the first time. There have been plenty of instances where people have said "nice bike, but it ain't no Harley" or "ya know, if you want something to last and hold better value you should buy a Harley instead".


Anyone else run into these invalids along your travels??
njvt13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Senior VR Member
 
Bowtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Smyrna, Delaware
Posts: 9,190
Thanks: 174
Thanked 115 Times in 92 Posts
Here we go again!

2012 Road Glide Custom-Chrome Freaking Yellow
Bowtie is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bowtie For This Useful Post:
Jeffrobombero (02-27-2013), MoDZuKi (02-24-2013), sweetlu (10-26-2011), wesdalton (02-24-2013)
post #3 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
VR Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 135
Thanks: 12
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Here we go again!
njvt13 is offline  
 
post #4 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Administrator

 
Capt Cruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ludlow, MA
Posts: 16,117
Thanks: 822
Thanked 2,653 Times in 1,555 Posts
Garage
You know something....

In all honesty....

All the people I've met over the years riding....

Never had a negative experience with any of them. Haven't met one yet that gives a hoot what you ride.

Pretty much all feel that as long as your knees are in the breeze it doesn't matter how they get there....Metric, American, Trike, Scooter, Spyder, Etc....

Which is how I think it really is 99% of the time.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...Holy Crap - What a ride!"


2005 Suzuki C50 - 2003 HD Heritage Softail - 2010 Victory Cross Country
Capt Cruiser is offline  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Capt Cruiser For This Useful Post:
10-64 (02-24-2013), aarrgghh (10-27-2011), anjizkit (11-08-2011), BIGBIRD123 (02-26-2013), Bowtie (10-26-2011), Counter Steer (02-26-2013), grunt69 (10-27-2011), HalfFast (10-29-2011), Jeffrobombero (02-27-2013), Polovision (10-27-2011), sweetlu (10-26-2011), Templar Knight (04-01-2013)
post #5 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 42
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
If that pissed you off that much, you have an issue not them.
Unholy is offline  
post #6 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Senior VR Member
 
Bowtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Smyrna, Delaware
Posts: 9,190
Thanks: 174
Thanked 115 Times in 92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Cruiser View Post
You know something....

In all honesty....

All the people I've met over the years riding....

Never had a negative experience with any of them. Haven't met one yet that gives a hoot what you ride.

Pretty much all feel that as long as your knees are in the breeze it doesn't matter how they get there....Metric, American, Trike, Scooter, Spyder, Etc....

Which is how I think it really is 99% of the time.
Same here, I can only think of two times I had an issue with HD riders before I got one. Honestly, I have heard a lot more negatives from metric riders since getting my HD!

2012 Road Glide Custom-Chrome Freaking Yellow
Bowtie is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bowtie For This Useful Post:
rushbass (10-29-2011)
post #7 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 06:12 PM
VR Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Last time an HD rider said something negative about my bike I shrugged my shoulders and said mines paid for. He laughed and retracted his previous statement.
Rooster129 is offline  
post #8 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Senior VR Member
 
472viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So. Dak. Sioux Falls
Posts: 28,859
Thanks: 1,109
Thanked 3,009 Times in 2,187 Posts
Quote:
"hey, you come to trade that thing in???"
Well,.............actually it is an honest enough question.

My HD dealer takes any brand trade ins. I was recently dealing on a Heritage Softail (which I did not buy), a salesman asked me the exact question, I know where your coming from, these were not salesmen, but still, is that question really so inciteful? You were at a dealership after all.

btw the salesman took my Kawasaki for a ride before he showed me trade in value, when he came back he had nothing but good things to say about my bike and the price he offered me was more than fair.

Two days ago I stopped by my metric dealer, it is two blocks from the HD dealer. My friend, who rides a beautiful CVO Electra Glide, was in there picking up snowmobile parts, CVO parked out front of the metric dealer. When I see him inside I asked, wassa matter, wouldn't make it another two blocks? He replied, "I knew I'd find at least one azzhole in here" We're friends, we can talk to each other that way.

I think your putting too much into the comment, I've heard, and said, way way worse.




When I want to read a really good Harley thread, I just turn to VolusiaRiders.com
472viper is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 472viper For This Useful Post:
Templar Knight (04-01-2013)
post #9 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Senior VR Member
 
Bowtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Smyrna, Delaware
Posts: 9,190
Thanks: 174
Thanked 115 Times in 92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster129 View Post
Last time an HD rider said something negative about my bike I shrugged my shoulders and said mines paid for. He laughed and retracted his previous statement.
How do you know his wasn't paid for??

My parents were out in their corvette a couple of months ago, and this mini cooper pulled up. They LOVE the mini cooper, so my Mom looks over at the guy and gives him a thumbs up. He gave her a shitty look and said, "yeah, well it's paid for".

He heard what he wanted to hear, or expected to hear, not a sincere compliment.

BTW, thier HD and Vette are both paid for in full.

A reminder that you don't always know who you're dealing with, or talking to, when you return what you take as an insult.

2012 Road Glide Custom-Chrome Freaking Yellow
Bowtie is offline  
post #10 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 06:21 PM
VR Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 472viper View Post
Well,.............actually it is an honest enough question.

My HD dealer takes any brand trade ins. I was recently dealing on a Heritage Softail (which I did not buy), a salesman asked me the exact question, I know where your coming from, these were not salesmen, but still, is that question really so inciteful? You were at a dealership after all.

btw the salesman took my Kawasaki for a ride before he showed me trade in value, when he came back he had nothing but good things to say about my bike and the price he offered me was more than fair.

Two days ago I stopped by my metric dealer, it is two blocks from the HD dealer. My friend, who rides a beautiful CVO Electra Glide, was in there picking up snowmobile parts, CVO parked out front of the metric dealer. When I see him inside I asked, wassa matter, wouldn't make it another two blocks? He replied, "I knew I'd find at least one azzhole in here" We're friends, we can talk to each other that way.

I think your putting too much into the comment, I've heard, and said, way way worse.
I think his beef was prolly more the way it was said vs what was said.
Rooster129 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rooster129 For This Useful Post:
Billy4858 (11-10-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome