Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Oil Leak

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  scorpion46 
#1 ·
I recently dropped my 2005 C50 (on the left side) in an emergency stop, while I was able to ride it home, I have noticed it is now leaking oil on the left side, right below the chrome circle under the pistons. Have I cracked the crank case?? If I have, what does that mean and what are my options?

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi welcome to VR forums.

Take a minute and introduce yourself a little further over on the new members section. We're glad to have you here.

Just under and inside from the floorboard on the left side is that shifter shaft and seal. That is a common source of an oil leak on that side of the engine.

You can see it more clearly By laying down beside the machine.

That is what I would check first.

It doesn't appear that you have an engine guard or highway bars on the bike so it is possible that damage was done to the alternator cover that is on the left side of the bike.

If that cover is damaged and causing the leak you should be able to see some sort of road rash on it. It is also possible That the left floor board has been bent and caused a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.