I've been riding a 150cc Taotao scooter I picked up, but I've been wanting to upgrade to a "big boy" motorcycle for a few months now. A couple of weeks back, I sat on a 2011 Suzuki Boulevard C50 in the showroom, and I was hooked. But ~$9,000? Out of my price range.
So, I was looking online at motorcycles for sale, and low and behold, 2 days ago a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 popped up on Cycletrader. 9,973 miles, with windshield, saddle bags, and engine guards. It cost me all my savings, but I bought her today, for the (what I hope is a good deal - it was to me!) low price of $3,000
I had to drive to the other side of the state to pick her up, but I got to ride her back to Tampa, and she's everything I expected.
I've got a low of learning to do; I was modding my scooter quite a bit (custom air intake, custom exhaust, carb mods, etc.), and I'm a fairly handy shade-tree mechanic, so I found an online copy of the C50 service manual, so I think I'm off to a good start.
I have some photos on Photobucket; they're what the seller sent me: Motorcycle Photos by TheRealMoleman | Photobucket
The only difference is that she now has the studded seat from the Touring model (seller put it on), and apparently he took the cup holder off (which looked to be right behind the windshield.) Ah well, I can find one myself.
A few things I want to change/modify (right now this is just a wishlist, but I'll definitely be doing some of them):
- Add a 12-volt cigarette lighter adapter somewhere inconspicuous, so I can power my iPhone to be used as GPS.
- Speaking of which, find a nice iPhone motorcycle mount.
- I like the Rider's Claw, but it's sorta pricey, and I tend to upgrade my iPhone a lot; I have the 4S now, but I'll probably pick the 5 up in a few months (or whatever newer model Apple comes out with, 5S or whatever), and since the 5 is larger than the 4S, it wouldn't fit if I bought one of those for me 4S. So...hmmm....
- Add a nice tachometer (I've already been looking online, found some nice ones but they're pricey.)
- Find out if there's a way to add an actual gas gauge.
- Heck, while I'm at it, maybe add an oil pressure gauge? (Dunno if there's a sender for it), or maybe a voltmeter gauge? Maybe a coolant temp gauge? I'm thinking some kind of 3-guage pod around/above/by the speedometer...
- Finally, I wish there was some kind of indicator to tell me what gear I am in. I just like having one of those.
Anyway, I had a great ride bringing her home, and she rides like a dream.