Senior VR Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Thanked 124 Times in 77 Posts
Well, here's an update on what I have found.
1) I'm not interested in the "outrigger" type conversion. Just not my style.
2) Not going with the Can-Am. Read too much about reliability issues and availability of support.
3) Went an looked at a Goldwing/Lehman conversion. There is a cylinder head where my feet should be! End up with my feet back further than is comfortable for me.
4) Exchanged eMail with a local authorized Lehman dealer. Cost to convert my C50 would be $10,250. I would lose my saddlebags and get a 1.5 cubic foot trunk, not a great trade-off.
5) Went up to the local HD dealer yesterday and sat on/looked over the HD Tri-Glide. the 2013 is $32,000, which is more than I spent on the new truck (Ram 1500) I bought last year. But I think I am going to look for a used one, sell my C50, and some weapons, and see what I can afford.
I'll keep you informed of my progress.