Beaded seat cover opinions - Page 2 - Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior VR Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Pierce, FL
Posts: 1,275
Thanks: 381
Thanked 167 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
i just lay it on the seat, no attachments. it stays in place pretty well.
here's a pic of it on my 1600 before i cut it down
That's before it was cut down?
__________________

'01 Volusia (sold)
'06 Vulcan 1500 Classic (sold)
'00 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1600
Scenic overlook on The Tail Of The Dragon
SahZooKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior VR Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Pierce, FL
Posts: 1,275
Thanks: 381
Thanked 167 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Worked great! My posterier wasn't nearly as sore after yesterday (410 miles) as it was on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend (383 miles).

I don't want to give it back!
__________________

'01 Volusia (sold)
'06 Vulcan 1500 Classic (sold)
'00 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1600
Scenic overlook on The Tail Of The Dragon
SahZooKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior VR Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,652
Thanks: 244
Thanked 434 Times in 334 Posts
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtraf View Post
I used one when I had the original seat. It does allow airflow. But be warned it did put small scuff marks on the seat. I don't know if this has happened to others?

Like to hear more on this!
__________________
CB350, TS400, Rebel, GS750, suzuki 650 savage, 2008 Blue & Silver C50 sold, 2007 Silver Ghost Flames C50C

“Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength”
desim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior VR Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Bend, WA
Posts: 1,958
Thanks: 30
Thanked 185 Times in 124 Posts
Default

Some say this is a good option. Been thinking about it for myself. The reviews I read have all been positive. Harley makes one, but it is twice as much.
PRO PAD AIR CIRCULATOR PAD SUPRCRUZR SERIES SEAT CUSHION HARLEY HONDA GOLDWING
__________________
Mhac nan con
Wescalero Rider

My path through life - Two roads diverged in a wood, I took the dead end by mistake. Then I got lost, but I had a great time.

“Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of Supporting it."
"Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice." Thomas Paine

These might be the most dangerous words in North America; "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Last edited by Counter Steer; 06-11-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Counter Steer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior VR Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,652
Thanks: 244
Thanked 434 Times in 334 Posts
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Steer View Post
Some say this is a good option. Been thinking baout it for myself. The reviews I read have all been positive. Harley makes one, but it is twice as much.
PRO PAD AIR CIRCULATOR PAD SUPRCRUZR SERIES SEAT CUSHION HARLEY HONDA GOLDWING

But it is a Harley,

what is my point??
__________________
CB350, TS400, Rebel, GS750, suzuki 650 savage, 2008 Blue & Silver C50 sold, 2007 Silver Ghost Flames C50C

“Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength”
desim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior VR Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jacksboro, TN
Posts: 764
Thanks: 136
Thanked 124 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Don't want to hijack your post, but I wondered what opinions people have about sheepskin?
__________________
mondarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior VR Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 317
Thanks: 8
Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default

A few years ago, Motorcycle Consumer News compared and rated Bead Rider, an inflatable, sheepskin, and a gel pad. The Bead Rider came in first. Their price is so low, I don't know if it is worth the trouble to cut down a Wal-mart cover and fix it up. The Bead Rider comes with elastic straps that hold it to the seat.

I bought one after finding out a lot of BMW riders in this area use them. I have used them on two bikes going back to 2007. Great comfort in hot, sticky weather, keeps me dry when I ride through a shower, and comfortable as could be. I used one on a Suzuki Marauder. Reviews of the Marauder said you could not put up with the stock seat for more than 30 minutes. I rode for 4 hours at a time with no problem. Before that, I had a gel pack in a sheepskin cover. The Bead Rider was more comfortable.
__________________
David
'07 C90 Trike
'06 C50
'97 Marauder (deceased)
'86 Honda Rebel 450 (deceased)
dadorfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior VR Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Pierce, FL
Posts: 1,275
Thanks: 381
Thanked 167 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Steer View Post
Some say this is a good option. Been thinking about it for myself. The reviews I read have all been positive. Harley makes one, but it is twice as much.
PRO PAD AIR CIRCULATOR PAD SUPRCRUZR SERIES SEAT CUSHION HARLEY HONDA GOLDWING
Walmart sells something like that for $20. I have one...in my truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondarlo View Post
Don't want to hijack your post, but I wondered what opinions people have about sheepskin?
Hijack away...I don't care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadorfman View Post
A few years ago, Motorcycle Consumer News compared and rated Bead Rider, an inflatable, sheepskin, and a gel pad. The Bead Rider came in first. Their price is so low, I don't know if it is worth the trouble to cut down a Wal-mart cover and fix it up. The Bead Rider comes with elastic straps that hold it to the seat.

I bought one after finding out a lot of BMW riders in this area use them. I have used them on two bikes going back to 2007. Great comfort in hot, sticky weather, keeps me dry when I ride through a shower, and comfortable as could be. I used one on a Suzuki Marauder. Reviews of the Marauder said you could not put up with the stock seat for more than 30 minutes. I rode for 4 hours at a time with no problem. Before that, I had a gel pack in a sheepskin cover. The Bead Rider was more comfortable.
I agree with their findings & your experience. I already bought the one from Walmart so I'm going to give it a shot. Straps to hold it in place are easy. Just shockcord & little shockcord (for lack of a better term) "tensioners".
__________________

'01 Volusia (sold)
'06 Vulcan 1500 Classic (sold)
'00 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1600
Scenic overlook on The Tail Of The Dragon
SahZooKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior VR Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,652
Thanks: 244
Thanked 434 Times in 334 Posts
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahZooKee View Post
Worked great! My posterier wasn't nearly as sore after yesterday (410 miles) as it was on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend (383 miles).

I don't want to give it back!

here is another option

Heck anybody roots fer an old team like the Steelers has to be stuck in the 60's GO TITANS
__________________
CB350, TS400, Rebel, GS750, suzuki 650 savage, 2008 Blue & Silver C50 sold, 2007 Silver Ghost Flames C50C

“Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength”
desim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior VR Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Pierce, FL
Posts: 1,275
Thanks: 381
Thanked 167 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desim View Post
here is another option

Heck anybody roots fer an old team like the Steelers has to be stuck in the 60's GO TITANS
You mean stuck in the 70s, right?



__________________

'01 Volusia (sold)
'06 Vulcan 1500 Classic (sold)
'00 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1600
Scenic overlook on The Tail Of The Dragon
SahZooKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum