Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Hello from KCMO!

1K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  BOTF 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I've been on here for a while, but I've never made a formal post. Currently riding a 2005 C50 as my first ride. Thinking about upgrading to something bigger, but not sure what direction I'm gonna go yet.

Anyway, Hiya! :shades:

#2 ·
Welcome from Indiana. Any ideas as to how big you want to go? When the weather gets better, start taking test rides on different models till you find one that feels good and isn't to big (or heavy) to handle. Also consider where you will be doing most of your riding (city or slab).
Test rides can be a lot of fun.

#3 ·
I'm wanting to go up to a bagger style bike. If I go Harley, It's going to be a Glide, not sure if I want an Ultra, or start with a Stree Glide and build it into a touring bike.
I've also looked into the Vulcans, I'm partial to the liquid cooled engines, but not set in stone on anything just yet. It all depends on what's available.

The local HD dealers do test ride weekends in the spring, so that might be a good chance to get some time in the saddle on those.

#9 ·
I hope you don't live near Philly, or maybe that's a good thing right now?
I sure do hope they pick up the pieces from this last season, not that I was complaining about the two wheel therapy after the games. :bigoops:

Welcome from a fellow KCMO area rider. Just bought mine a few months ago from Weston MO.
One of my favorite riding spots is starting in Riverside or Parkville, and riding 45 north to Atchison. I actually live in Excelsior, so it's an easy way to burn half a day just making the loop.

#18 ·
Hi from Alliston Ontario

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.