Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Bummer

1K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  SahZooKee 
#1 ·
Well, the time has come. Traveled to South Dakota to visit family for Christmas, and ended up in the local hospital with a second episode of blood clots in my lungs in 18 months. I'll be in here for 4-5 days, then home, but will now be on blood thinners for life. With that as an issue, I have decided to sell the bike and quit riding.:crying:

I know others have chosen to keep riding after being on blood thinners, but for me, the enjoyment I get is not worth the risk of SERIOUS problems if I go down. I hope all who are riding with this issue never have a problem, but I'm not willing to risk it.

I'll probably put the bike up for sale in the early spring, when folks are looking for a ride. I'll post it here first.

I'll probably look in from time to time, but may not post as much. Thanks to all of you who have helped me as I got my bike just where I wanted it.

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear this.........I've been on blood thinners for years (heart problems) and have continued to ride as I figure I'm going to have as much fun as I can.

Good luck with the sale.

#6 ·
Trike it and keep o ridin'

#7 ·
Can Am or trike dude! One of my riding buddies went Can Am for that reason & he loves it!

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G, but not while riding!

#12 ·
that is a bummer. We each have to make the choice that we feel is best.
What you could do.......get yourself a little convertible, something like a MG or a 80's Fiat. About as close to a bike as u will get on 4 wheels.
Any convertible would be nice. My daughter had a Sebring convertible and when she went to a different car, I kept that for quite a while. Convertibles are fun to drive. With one of the small ones, you could still take trips to the mountains etc and have a blast

#13 ·
Blood thinners for life...seriously? There's no amount of physical therapy or diet or lifestyle changes that could repair or offset the clots? That's beyond a bummer. Maybe they'll discover a work-around for you. In the meantime ATGATT to the max and ride it like you were made of glass.

#16 ·
Tank ,Health is first and foremost darlin ,
family is second ,
and Hobbies Third ,
you have made a Huge decision and i am Proud of you for knowing ''when'' :applause:

your heart and mind will still Hanker for the open road's , :scoot:
keep dropping by and letting us know you are doing Ok .....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.