Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Emblem removal

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MoDZuKi 
#1 ·
What is the best way to remove the tank emblems along with the sticky residue left behind without ruining the paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
A few years ago my son bought a convertible that had a lot pin stripping and graphics on it that he didn't like so we bought a can of 3M adhesive remover (aerosol) which worked well but it took the whole can. Last summer I bought a new truck and wanted to debadge it so I tried Goo Gone Automotive Spray Gel but it was useless so I went to an automotive parts store and got a quart of adhesive remover that body shops use and it took the glue off much easier. So if your goo be gone is the same as goo gone or goof off save yourself a lot of work and just get the commercial stuff. Ounce per ounce the commercial stuff is about the same price but you have to buy a bigger can which the smallest they had was 1 US quart. I forget the price but it was somewhere around 10 - 12 bucks or so.

Once the badge is off just soak the remaining glue and rub it off. It takes a little elbow grease but not too bad. Doing it in the sun on a warm day helps.

#9 ·
What is the best way to remove the tank emblems along with the sticky residue left behind without ruining the paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
I used Fish line then Goo Gone.. worked great
Finished off with Windex and a coat of wax...Poof all gone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.